Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weekly Creative Project: Window Treatments

I really fell in love with typography when I was in college.  There's something so artistic about it, I'm always drawn to it.  My first decade as a graphic designer was spent mastering typesetting & layout, therefore I was constantly surrounded by type. I began to incorporate it into our decor by collecting vintage signs, wooden beverage boxes and feed sacks.  I also recently started designing custom art pieces, which will be available to purchase through my new business venture that is in the works as I type! (more on that later...)

My creative project for this week is the window treatments I made for our living room.  We have 9 windows in the room so I've always opted for a valance style because long drapes would just be way too heavy and overwhelming for the space.  I've been searching for my inspiration photo, but haven't come across it yet...I'll be sure to post it when I find it because the valances are gorgeous!

The valances in question were a nice rich taupe color, silk or satin fabric, masculine in style and perfectly beautiful and full.  I searched for them everywhere but alas, had to make my own.  I found a dozen old burlap coffee bean sacks on ebay and purchased them for $9.99.  The result was exactly the look I was going for.  The first 2 photos are of our living room, and as usual...some eye candy for you too!

Enjoy and have a great week everyone!


Photo credits: Country Living, Pure Style Home, Modern Jane Design and Sketch42blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment