Saturday, January 8, 2011

A tribute to my favorite tree

So I'll start with this photo: It's from June of 1978 so I was a year and a half old, standing next to what would become my favorite tree, our white birch.  It's the only one we had in our yard, and every time I see one I think back to this time in my life and have so many fond memories.  Maybe that's why I love it so much.

I love incorporating pieces of white birch into our decor and here's a couple of examples (first two pics) ... it's just so beautiful to me, I have no idea why!  Maybe because white is one of my favorite colors?  Who knows! 

So in love with all the photos below especially in Taniya Nayak's house tour on Apartment Therapy (Pics 3&4).  Would love to do a statement piece like that in our house some day!

Enjoy and have a great weekend!













No comments:

Post a Comment