Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weekly Creative Project: Salvaged Wood

I'm extremely fond of salvaged wood.  For me, it resonates such a warm and comfortable feeling.  A feeling of nostalgia, history, life.  It's a love that my husband and I both share.  A very light shade of weathered gray is my absolute favorite.  That's why when he came across this piece on a gorgeous beach in Kennebunkport Maine we just had to scoop it up.

He thought it would make the perfect towel rack in our bathroom and boy was he right.  Paired with 4 vintage metal hooks passed down from generations in my family, it's a stunning piece and I'm totally in love with it.

I found some great photos that I wanted to share along with mine to show how endless the possibilities are to decorate your home with some really amazing salvaged wood.

Enjoy!




















































Photo Credits: Building a Timberframe, Donkee House, Garden & Gun, Houzz, Hudson Good, Lavender & Lillies, Modern Girl Style, My Home Ideas and Today and Yesterday Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment