Saturday, November 13, 2010

Price Savvy Decorating

I am always on the lookout for a great deal, especially when it comes to furnishing our house.  I think part of me really loves the thrill of the search.  And when I finally find a suitable item to replace a more expensive version that I've been coveting, well...let's just say it doesn't get much better than that for me :)

The last couple years I have really fallen in love with West Elm.  Their style is so elegant, yet simple, beautiful and fresh and I just want to buy everything in the catalog every time it comes in the mail.  The best part is the prices are SO reasonable.  However...if you're trying to spend even less, I'm here to tell you it's possible to find those super special items at a fraction of the cost.

These pillows are a favorite example of mine for price savvy decorating.
















 














I fell in love with West Elm's pillows the second I saw them. The 16" square pillow is priced at $59 and the 24" square is $129.  Granted they are Mongolian lambskin with fur, and well worth the cost in my book.  However the pillows I found at Target were just as beautiful in my eyes.  Both 20" square at $12.99 a piece...I could not believe the deal I had found!  I came across them by chance at a Target store I don't normally visit in Nashua and scooped them right up.  The Bedford store didn't have them and they also did not appear on the web site.  A little frustrating, but proof that great finds are always out there.  You just need to keep your eyes peeled!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment